Tutoring Jobs and How to Find Them
Those hoping to find their dream job among the myriad of potential tutoring jobs, may start out feeling a little muddled on how exactly to go about it.
There might be countless realms of study and expertise that you could lend your talents to: Jobs tutoring math, the sciences, foreign languages and music are among the hundreds of matters people often want tutors for.
So, how do you find the right job among the many tutoring jobs out there, and how do you make your mark so that you will get noticed and hired?
- Prepare your professional profile and resume. Include any previous experience in jobs tutoring math or other tutoring jobs, and your areas of study and expertise.
- Browse local classifieds in newspapers, magazines and online for listings of tutoring jobs.
- Find the well recognized tutoring agencies nearest you and ask about tutoring jobs available.
- Visit private and public schools to market your services as a tutor. Discuss your ambitions with the school's representatives, remembering to leave with them a stack of businesses cards and all the information on the tutoring jobs you are competent in, so the school can recommend your services to any parents looking for tutors.
- Advertise for jobs tutoring math or other subjects online, through a website and/or social media networks. Create an online classified ad, through Craigslist or other mediums, promoting your services.
- Advertise in print, with flyers and business cards, highlighting your experience in tutoring jobs. Give them out to select stores, schools and libraries, where appropriate.
See previous article - How To Find Live Online Tutoring Jobs.